(Updated) FurMark 1.9.1 and FurMark 1.8.5 Released (GPU Stress Test)
UPDATE (2011.06.30): FurMark 1.9.1 has been updated with the new GPU-Z 0.5.4.
Yep these hot days are the perfect moment to release some updates of FurMark: FurMark 1.9.1 and FurMark 1.8.5. Both versions of that heat generator are maintenance releases, read no new features but support of latest graphics cards or minor changes.
Since the branch 1.8.x of FurMark is still widely used and downloaded, I decided to update it (FurMark 1.8.2 has been released more than one year ago).
UPDATE (2011.12.17): *** FurMark 1.9.2 available ***
FurMark 1.9.1 Download
FurMark 1.8.5 Download
What is FurMark?
FurMark is an OpenGL-based GPU stress test utility (also called GPU burn-in test). It makes it possible to push the GPU to the max in order to test the stability of the graphics card (and the PSU too!) leading to maximal GPU and VRM temperatures. That’s why FurMark is often used by overclockers and graphics cards fanatics to validate an overclocking, to test a new VGA cooler or to check the max power consumption of a video card.
Here are some links that show how FurMark can be used to torture graphics cards and PSUs:
- Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850W PSU: The Torture Test
- ASUS ROG Matrix GTX 580 Platinum: Overclocking and Power Consumption
- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6970: Overclocking and Power Consumption
- ASUS GeForce GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP: Power consumption, temperature and overclocking
- ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCU II: Power Consumption and Overclocking
Multi-GPU: SLI and CrossFire
Both multi-GPU technologies (NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFire) are supported by FurMark but you have to use some little tricks to properly enable the multi-GPU support. See these articles for more details:
- How to Enable SLI and CrossFire Support for OpenGL Applications
- MSI Kombustor: SLI and CrossFire Support
FurMark stressing two GTX 480 in SLI
FurMark 1.9.1 changelog
- Maintenance release.
- Update: added support of recent AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards.
- Update: GPU-Z 0.5.4 and GPU Shark 0.5.1
- Change: added a workaround for a bug in AMD Catalyst GLSL compiler (GL2 for() loop –old bug now present in a beta version of Cat 11.2 and / or Cat 11.3). This bug led to a wrong lightning of the furry donut.
FurMark 1.9.0, Catalyst 11.2 GLSL bug, incorrect lighting
FurMark 1.8.5 changelog
- Maintenance release.
- Improved score submission.
- Updated the number of window resolutions available.
- Change: updated with the latest version of ZoomGPU (support of recent NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards).
- Bugfix: spikes in temperature graphs are now filtered. See here for more information: FurMark and Spikes in Temperature Monitoring Graphs.
- Change: minimizing window is no longer possible in windowed benchmark mode.
- Removed the FurMark 1.7.0 mode.