(Tested) Mars PhysX Benchmark
Here is a new PhysX benchmark (available since around 2 weeks!) derived from an upcoming online game called Mars. This benchmark features NVIDIA APEX for all PhysX based effects (destruction, clothes, particles, fluids) and is based on the Unreal Engine 3.
You can download the benchmark from these links:
This Physx benchmark is convenient because it’s short: around 2 minutes. Then I quickly tested several PhysX configurations:
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 @ 926MHz alone (3D + PhysX)
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 @ 926MHz (3D) + EVGA GTX 580 @ 797MHz (PhysX)
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 @ 926MHz (3D) + CPU PhysX (Core i7 @ 3.2GHz)
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 @ 926MHz (3D) + MSI GTX 460 Cyclone @ 727MHz (PhysX)
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 @ 926MHz (3D) + Zotac GT 240 @ 550MHz (PhysX)
Settings: 1920×1080 fullscreen, MSAA 1X, quality high (see screenshot below).
|49.14 FPS – GTX 580 (3D) + GTX 580 (PhysX)
|45.26 FPS – GTX 580 (3D) + GTX 460 (PhysX)
|42.45 FPS – GTX 580 (3D + PhysX)
|30.12 FPS – GTX 580 (3D) + GT 240 (PhysX)
|15.75 FPS – GTX 580 (3D) + CPU Core i7 @ 3.2GHz (PhysX)
PhysXInfo has also some results as well as additional information about this PhysX benchmark.
PhysX system: ASUS ROG MATRIX GTX 580 (3D) + EVGA GTX 580 SC (PhysX)
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]