Geeks3D Programming Links – June 19, 2011
Here are some links I tweeted or retweeted about coding, programming and other stuff for developers. If you have a link, just send me a tweet @JeGX.
- Demo effects in real life:
- OpenGL: Multi-Draw-Indrect is here — a discussion about GL_ARB_draw_indirect and GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect extension.
- So true: What If Drivers Were Hired Like Programmers?
- Why code readability matters?
- Modulo 3: how to optimize the modulo operation when working on triangle vertices.
- Thrust 1.40: Thrust is a CUDA library of parallel algorithms with an interface resembling the C++ Standard Template Library (STL). Thrust provides a flexible high-level interface for GPU programming that greatly enhances developer productivity.
- Nice collection of oldschool coding docs: Ultimate /|\ ATARI 4nd d3m0 coding page !!!
- Physics: Solid Simulation with Oriented Particles (PDF)
- C++ AMP: Microsoft Going All-in on GPU Computing
- Herb Sutter and The New C++
- Microsoft and WebGL: the hot topic of these last days! Here is a stack of links:
- WebGL Considered Harmful
- Why Microsoft and Internet Explorer need WebGL (and vice-versa) by Microsoft’s principal architect.
- The mechanics of a WebGL attack: WebGL – A New Dimension for Browser Exploitation
- How to steal user data through web browsers using a vulnerability in Firefox’s implementation of WebGL: More WebGL Security Flaws
- ID_AA_Carmack: I agree with Microsoft’s assessment that WebGL is a severe security risk. The gfx driver culture is not the culture of security.
- Microsoft says WebGL isn’t secure enough
- Microsoft refuses to endorse WebGL, labels it harmful
- Tweeting from Kinect:
- EricLengyel: People who say C++ sucks because it’s too hard are like people who say pianos suck because they can’t play Franz Liszt.
- Openframeworks is a C++ library designed to assist the creative process by providing a simple and intuitive framework for experimentation. The library is designed to work as a general purpose glue, and wraps together several commonly used libraries under a tidy interface: OpenGL for graphics, rtAudio for audio input and output, freeType for fonts, freeImage for image input and output, quicktime for video playing.
- Water ink painting