Here are some links I tweeted and retweeted about coding, programming and other developers stuff. If you have a link, just send me a tweet @JeGX.
- Useful little functions by iq for your shaders or other graphics programming tasks.
- Gamedev: Bezier curves tutorial
- Least Squares Vertex Baking: cool ambient occlusion using per vertex data.
- Image Filters using CPU and GPU using a webcam and OpenCV
- Rutt-Etra-Izer is a WebGL emulation of the classic Rutt-Etra video synthesizer. The demo replicates the Z-displacement, scanned-line look of the original, but does not attempt to replicate it’s full feature set.
- OpenCL / OpenGL interop tutorial: update the world transform of instanced meshes on the GPU
- Lot of cool WebGL demos
- Sproxel v0.3 released. Sproxel is a sprite voxel editor. I can now export OBJ files. I’ll try it later!
- Overview of the new instructions in Intel’s Haswell microarchitecture
- OpenCV tutorial: Estimating Projective Relations in Images. OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision) is an open source library containing more than 500 optimized algorithms for image and video analysis.
- GLM 0.9.2.2 released.
- Alexander Lyashevsky (AMD Performance Application Engineering organization) talks about the futur of OpenCL and facial recongnition technologies:
we won’t see a “simple” solution for object recognition until the scientists who create algorithms and build applications fully comprehend, and take advantage of, the teraflops that we – the computer hardware industry – are providing to every consumer buying an average desktop, laptop or tablet PC. So, keep your eyes open in the next 3-5 years for more exciting advancements!!
Read more HERE
- According to the Entertainment Software Association which represents the game industry, the average gamer today is 37 years old. Read more: A child’s hobby? Average gamer is 37 years old.
- id Software co-founder John Carmack talks, in a 20-minute interview, about Rage, PC, consoles and future hardware. Read more: HERE and HERE.
- Wireshark, a very popular open source and cross-platform network protocol analyser, has been updated to version 1.6.0