Intel OpenCL 1.1 SDK (beta version)
Intel has published a new version of its OpenCL SDK. This new SDK, targeting Intel CPUs, supports the OpenCL 1.1 specification and brings a preview support for Linux (64-bit only).
You can download Intel OpenCL 1.1 SDK HERE.
Intel OpenCL SDK version 1.1 new features:
- SDK is fully conformant with OpenCL 1.1 specification for the CPU
- Beta support for Microsoft* Windows* operating systems (32 and 64 bit)
- Preview support for Linux* operating systems
- OpenCL Installable Client Driver (ICD) Compliant
- Unique Implicit CPU Vectorization Module for best utilization of the CPU hardware vector units (SIMD) across work items
- Optional OpenCL 1.1 Core Features: Out-of-order execution model, Execution of native kernels, Image support and Optimization options through OpenCL complier flags (cl-fast-relaxed-math)
- Double precision floating point extension (cl_khr_fp64)
- OpenGL*/OpenCL Sharing (cl_khr_gl_sharing)
- Preview: Device Fission Extension Support (cl_ext_device_fission)
- Code samples
- Debug and Analyze with the Intel OpenCL SDK Tools: Debug kernels using printf (cl_intel_printf), Intel OpenCL SDK Offline Complier and Code
Analyzer, Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers support, OpenCL kernel analyzing using Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Integration
Detailed release notes are available HERE.
This new SDK comes with new demos: ToneMapping and ShallowWater.
Shallow Water sample demonstrates shallow water modeling to visualize a water surface and uses the flux splitting method for solving Navier-Stokes approximation equations