GLEW, the popular OpenGL extensions manager is available in version 1.6.0. This new version adds the following new extensions:
v1.6.0 brings the following bugfixes:
- Define GLEW_NO_GLU for no glu dependency.
- mx suffix for GLEW MX libraries, build both libraries by default.
- Cygwin build improvements
- Soname of GLEWmx shared libraries
- Query GL extension string only once
- GLX_OML_sync_control no longer requires C99
- glDraw*InstancedARB moved from GL_ARB_draw_instanced to GL_ARB_instanced_arrays
- glFramebufferTextureLayerEXT moved from GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 to GL_EXT_texture_array
- Fixes for BSD build
You can download GLEW 1.6.0 HERE.
GLEW (OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library) is a library that checks and initializes all OpenGL extensions supported on the target platform.
If you plan to use GLEW with an OpenGL 3 or 4 core profile, don’t forget to read these posts before: