Tech and Misc News Around the Net (March 13, 2011)
- Preview of the GTX 590 performance: Radeon HD 6990 vs 2-ways SLI GTX 580
- SourceMonitor Version 2.6 lets you see inside your software source code to find out how much code you have and to identify the relative complexity of your modules.
- DICE GDC 2011 presentations: lighting in Battlefield 3, D3D11 rendering in Frostbite 2 Engine, etc.
- How to perform concurrent computations among the work queues of heterogeneous devices: Coordinating Computations with OpenCL Queues
- Michael Capps, Epic’s president, talks about Unreal Engine 3 in a video interview.
- Carmack’s thought: Trilinear is blending a noisy image with a blurry image in hope that two wrongs make a right. More converging samples would be better
- PhiloGL is a WebGL framework for data visualization, creative coding and game development.
- OpenCL Studio 1.13 is available. Read this one-year old article for an overview of OpenCLStudio.
- Gaming consoles are beginning to show their age. Then game developers are again turning to the PC to showcase the jaw-dropping visuals that next generation games will be capable of.
- NVIDIA APEX 1.0 destruction and clothing will be released shortly. The SDK will be 100% free for commercial and non-commercial projects.
- After EVGA and its GTX 460 2Win, Galaxy shows its dual-GPU GTX 460 card, but only the PCB is available…
- The first version of FXAA, the pixel shader based anti-aliasing method developed by NVIDIA, is out in the wild.
- Vehicle Editor in WebGL
- Insomni’hack GPGPU reversing: how to reverse a ciphered text encrypted by a GPU / CUDA routine.
- NVIDIA outlined a plan to become the computing company.
- Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is available. Public download HERE.
- SNAK Facebook keyboard introduces 19 one touch keys that deliver you to Facebook’s top pages without having to tirelessly search!
- WebGL 1.0 is done. Where’s Microsoft?
- Fraps 3.3.2 with better user’s inputs support (mouse, keyboard).
Operation Yashima to save electricity: Tokyo yesterday and Tokyo today:
Tokyo on 2011.03.12
Tokyo on 2011.03.13 (source)