Benoît Mandelbrot Died Last Thursday at 85
Sad news for all graphics geeks, Benoît Mandelbrot, the father of computer-generated fractals (first fractal object has been discovered in 1905 by Pierre Fatou), passed away at 85 on October 14 2010 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
Since, at Geeks3D, we often post news about Mandelbrot fractals, here is a selection of link in honor of his memory:
- The Mandelbrot Set: Colors of Infinity
- Exploration of the Real 3D Mandelbrot Fractal
- Do You Know the Mandelbox Fractal?
- Mandelbulber 0.60: Multi-core CPU Fractal Generator
- ASCII Art: Mandelbrot Fractal
- [Demoscene] Mandelkern: Direct3D Mandelbulb in 1k!
- DX11 DirectCompute Demos: Waves and Fractals
- Mandelbulbs generator using NVIDIA OptiX