A new update of GeeXLab is up for grabs. This version fixes an annoying bug that occured under some conditions with the multithreading management during GeeXLab shutdown. Other minors bugs have been fixed as well.
[ DOWNLOAD ]
Left-click to download (right-click disabled)
Two versions are packed in the installer: GeeXLab_Lua and GeeXLab_Python_Lua. The version of GeeXLab with Python support requires the Python 2.7 32-bit installer.
The code samples pack is available HERE.
What is GeeXLab?
GeeXLab is a tool (we can call it a demotool) for quick coding and prototyping of real time 3D scenes. GeeXLab can be seen as a real time 3D scene browser (like Firefox for html scripts). You code your 3D scene in one or several source code files, you load the main scene file in GeeXLab and GeeXLab displays the scene. That’s all. GeeXLab language uses a simple mixture of XML, Lua and/or Python and GLSL. All rendering is done with OpenGL API. For an overview of GeeXLab, just read this article.
And to stay tuned on GeeXLab latest news, just follow GeeXLab @ Twitter.
GeeXLab 0.2.3 changelog
- New: added a startup options dialog box (PRO version). You can display this box
by setting to 1 the display_startup_options_dlgbox attribute in the config.gxml file.
- Bugfix: in multithreading during the shutdown step.
- Bugfix: in the initialization of the internal MP3 player of the binary scene importer (PRO version).
- Bugfix: in HYP_FontOutline.SetTextCenteredState() function.
- Bugfix: HYP_FontOutline was not included in Python.