[Demotool] GeeXLab 0.2.2 Available
Shadow mapping and DoF postFX (will be released soon)
Update (2010.09.03): GeeXLab 0.2.3 is available HERE.
GeexLab 0.2.2 is ready. This new version fixes some bugs and adds a simple internal MP3 player (does not require FMOD or OpenAL plugins and DLLs). I took the original code from Playing a MP3 in c++ using plain Windows API (thanks @lx for your code). There is a new set of functions to deal with this MP3 player in the HYP_Sound lib: MP3Player_xxx() (see the MP3_InternalPlayer demo in the code samples pack).
New features features have been added to the PRO version like the support of textures in binary format. You can now embed textures directly in XML nodes. And example of embedded texture application is GPU Thermometer:
The GPU Caps Viewer logo (bottom right) is stored in a simple XML file. GPU Thermometer displays GPU and PCB temperatures of all available GPUs in your system. Binary and source code are available with GeeXLab PRO.
Now GeeXLab Lua only and GeeXLab Python + Lua are shipped in the same installer.
[ DOWNLOAD ]
Left-click to download (right-click disabled)
Two versions are packed in the installer: GeeXLab_Lua and GeeXLab_Python_Lua. The version of GeeXLab with Python support requires the Python 2.7 32-bit installer.
The code samples pack has been updated and is available HERE.
What is GeeXLab?
GeeXLab is a tool (we can call it a demotool) for quick coding and prototyping of real time 3D scenes. GeeXLab can be seen as a real time 3D scene browser (like Firefox for html scripts). You code your 3D scene in one or several source code files, you load the main scene file in GeeXLab and GeeXLab displays the scene. That’s all. GeeXLab language uses a simple mixture of XML, Lua and/or Python and GLSL. All rendering is done with OpenGL API. For an overview of GeeXLab, just read this article.
And to stay tuned on GeeXLab latest news, just follow GeeXLab @ Twitter.
GeeXLab 0.2.2 changelog
- New: added an internal MP3 player with new set of functions in HYP_Sound (MP3Player_xxx, Python and Lua).
- New: embedded textures in XML scene file (texture node) are now supported (PRO version only).
- New: added a tool in GeeXLab Tools menu: “Show current camera position and view direction”
- New: added HYP_Utils.SetMainAppTitleBarText() (Python and Lua – PRO version only).
- Change: Live Updaters (GPU programs and Python/Lua) are now a feature of the PRO version.
- Bugfix: in shadow mapping. The shadow caster state of an object could be set by scripting.
- Bugfix: improved GPU shaders live updater: now uniform variables declared in the XML file are
properly updated when a GLSL shader is modified.
- Bugfix: GPU shaders live updater: new GPU Program objects were not taken into account.
- Bugfix: in lens flare engine.
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]