Geeks3D Weekly Round-up (2010.08.27)
The weekly round-up: here’s what you might’ve missed!
“OpenCL was very straightforward to get started with. I coded as I read the spec, and it worked almost immediately.”
- John Carmack -
- FurMark and Spikes in Temperature Monitoring Graphs
- [TessMark] OpenGL 4 Tessellation Benchmark: Comparative Table
- Overview of WebGL (Guest Post)
- Why OpenGL is Superior to Direct3D?
- Sculptris Alpha 5: 3D Sculpture
- MSI N460GTX Cyclone 768D5 OC Edition Quick Review
- EVGA OC Scanner 1.4.0
- An introduction to OpenGL 4.1: overview of the new features of OpenGL 4.1
- PixelLight: open-source 3D application framework (Windows, Linux)
- OpenGL update
- OpenGL Samples Pack 126.96.36.199 released
- Official CUDA disasembler for sm_1.x real ISA: it takes either an ELF cuda binary, a cubin or even an exe file, and provides the low level assembly code of the CUDA kernels.
- FreePipe: A Programmable, Parallel Rendering Architecture for Efficient Multi-Fragment Effects (CUDA)
- OpenCL Optimization Case Study: Simple Reductions
- Kanzi Enables Rapid Creation of 3D UI’s for Android Devices
- Python 2.6.6 released
- Open-Source 2D, 3D For ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series GPUs
Misc tech News
- Google Realtime Search!
- Stress Test Your Hardware to Troubleshoot Problems and Keep Your Computer Stable
- How To Stress Test Your Hardware and Keep Your PC Stable
Get a first look at From Dust a new game from Eric Chahi featuring an exotic world that can be shaped at will by your devine powers!
- Nvidia’s GTS 450 gets fully spec’d: 192 CUDA cores, 789MHz GPU clock and it should compete against AMD’s Radeon HD 5700 series
- Rumour: Radeon HD 6000 specs revealed
- GeForce GTS 450 on September 13 and specs
- ATI Preps New Dual-Chip (Southern Islands) Flagship Graphics Card (Rumours)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 On Linux
- Point of View releases 850 MHz clocked GTX 460
- Point of View GeForce GTX 460 768MB TGT Ultra Charged review: a GTX 460 with a 820MHZ core clock (ref: 675MHz)!!!
- Huntkey Announces 1,200 W Power Supply
- IBM release Z196 5.2ghz processor – fastest single CPU in world
- AMD Details Bulldozer Processor Architecture
- Corsair AX850 Power Supply Review
FurMark – Power Consumption and GPU temperature
- Coolink GFXChilla Cooler (with Zotac GT 240) Review
- FurMark + TessMark: GTX 460 SuperClocked EVGA : bijou pour joueur?
- SPARKLE GeForce GTX 460 768MB
How To Overclock Your Graphics Card:
Have an interesting news and want to be present in Geeks3D weekly round-up ?
Just drop an email at tips AT geeks3d DOT com.