Small PhysX fluids demo
A new version of GeeXLab is up for grabs. Most changes included in this are ready since two or three months, shame on me!
Here is an overview of the new features. PhysX fluids are now available as well as a new code sample. A subset of ZoomGPU (ZoomGPU is used in GPU Caps Viewer, GPU Shark or FluidMark) functions is now available through the HYP_ZoomGPU lib (Python and Lua). Currently only functions related to the number of GPUs, their names and their temperatures are coded. OpenCTM support has been added as well as a code sample. For GLSL programming, there is now a new XML node called gpu_program and a new lib called HYP_GpuProgram (Python, Lua). The new GpuProgram object uses OpenGL 2.0 core functions and prepares the path to OpenGL 4.x support 😉 The old shader_program is still valid but is limited to OpenGL 1.5 shaders (ARB).
DOWNLOAD: GeeXLab 0.2.0 full (Python + Lua)
*** Remark ***:This version requires the installation of Python 2.7 32-bit (works fine on a Windows 64-bit).
DOWNLOAD: GeeXLab 0.2.0 Lua only
The code samples pack has been updated and can be downloaded HERE.
Now that GXL 0.2.0 is out, I can publish some tuts and demos… 😉
GeeXLab running a PhysX demo in VirtualBox (host: Win7, guest: WinXP) 😀
GeeXLab 0.2.0 changelog
- New: added the support of PhysX fluids in the HYP_PhysX library (Python and Lua).
- New: added a small subset of ZoomGPU functions in new HYP_ZoomGPU lib (Lua / Python).
- New: added Sleep() to HYP_Utils. Sleep() allows to set the sleep delay of GeeXLab main rendering thread.
- New: added Create() and SetFaceIndices() to HYP_Mesh lib.
- New: added GetVectTo() to HYP_Object. This function is based on Blender KX_GameObject.getVectTo(other). See HERE for more information.
- New: added support of OpenCTM mesh file format.
- New: added a new GPU program node: gpu_program XML node, and HYP_GpuProgram Python and Lua
library. The GPU program node uses OpenGL 2.0 API and should replace in the future the old
shader_program node based on OpenGL 1.5.
- New: added a simple internal 3D object viewer: just drop a 3D object in GeeXLab, and it will be displayed
(as long as no scene has been loaded – once a scene has been loaded, the internal viewer is disabled).
- New: RayCast() to HYP_Scene in Python.
- New: added HYP_VertexPool Python / Lua lib.
- New: added some Demomiak3D functions to HYP_Hud lib (Python and Lua): ProgressiveDisplay(), ProgressiveUnDisplayWithStretch() and DoFadeInOut().
- Bugfix: fixed a bug in the init of script elapsed time.
- Bugfix: the plane actor in PhysX was not properly transformed and the user could not set the initial position or orientation of the plane.
- Bugfix: HYP_Model.ScaleVertices() in Python is now okay.
- Bugfix: the last param in HYP_Mesh.CreatePlane function (Python version) was not used.
- Change: HYP_PhysX.ConnectToVisualPhysXDebugger() has been renamed in HYP_PhysX.ConnectToPVD().
- Change: updated with PhysX SDK 188.8.131.52
- Change: updated with Assimp 1.1.700
- Change: updated with Python 2.7.0