AMD has published a new Preview / hotfix Catalyst driver. Catalyst 10.4 Preview constains a bugfix for the long load times for new maps in the game Battlefiel when using Radeon HD 5000 series. Catalyst 10.4 Preview exposes also two new OpenGL 4.0 extensions (compared to Cat 10.2) for a total of 183 extensions:
- GL_AMD_conservative_depth (OpenGL 4.0): in short, this extension
allows to modify the depth in the shader while allowing early z-culling to operate.
- GL_EXT_shader_subroutine: same extension than GL_ARB_shader_subroutine (OpenGL 4.0)
Other information from GPU Caps Viewer
– Drivers Version: 8.723.0.0 – Catalyst 10.4 (4-6-2010) – atig6pxx.dll
– ATI Catalyst Release Version String: 8.723-100406a-098646E-ATI
– OpenGL Version: 3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context
– GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 1.50
You can download the Catalyst 10.4 preview from this page.