AMD has published a new Preview / hotfix Catalyst driver. Catalyst 10.4 Preview constains a bugfix for the long load times for new maps in the game Battlefiel when using Radeon HD 5000 series. Catalyst 10.4 Preview exposes also two new OpenGL 4.0 extensions (compared to Cat 10.2) for a total of 183 extensions:
- GL_AMD_conservative_depth (OpenGL 4.0): in short, this extension
allows to modify the depth in the shader while allowing early z-culling to operate.
- GL_EXT_shader_subroutine: same extension than GL_ARB_shader_subroutine (OpenGL 4.0)
Other information from GPU Caps Viewer
– Drivers Version: 8.723.0.0 – Catalyst 10.4 (4-6-2010) – atig6pxx.dll
– ATI Catalyst Release Version String: 8.723-100406a-098646E-ATI
– OpenGL Version: 3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context
– GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 1.50
You can download the Catalyst 10.4 preview from this page.
2 thoughts on “ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview With New OpenGL 4.0 Extensions”
Pingback: [Graphics Drivers] ATI Catalyst 10.4 WHQL Available - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Just for your information:
GL_AMD_conservative_depth is also available on my Radeon HD2600XT with official 10.4 drivers, so it is not limited to GL4 hardware.
Another thing is, however, that in the official 10.4 drivers I don’t have anymore GL3.3 support on my card…
Comments are closed.