NVIDIA OptiX Ray Tracing SDK Beta 3
NVIDIA has updated its ray tracing engine called OptiX. OptiX is a real time and programmable ray tracer optimized for GPUs. More information about OptiX can be found HERE.
You can grab OptiX bet 3 HERE.
System Requirements (for running OptiX demos)
- Graphics Hardware: Most CUDA capable devices are supported, though only the latest GT200 or “Fermi” class GPU will provide support for running OptiX on multiple devices.
- Graphics Driver: The CUDA R190 or later driver is required. The 196.21 drivers currently posted are incompatible with OptiX.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Win7 32-bit or 64-bit, Linux 32-bit or 64-bit, OSX 10.5+ (32-bit executable support only).
Development Environment Requirements (for compiling OptiX)
- All Platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX): CUDA Toolkit 2.3 or 3.0 Beta CUDA version 2.3 is required by this OptiX release. You can find the current released version at the CUDA download area
- CMake 2.6.3 (at least 2.6.3, 2.8.0 is the current version)
- C/C++ Compiler: Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 is required on Window systems. gcc 4.2 and 4.3 have been tested on Linux. The 3.1 and 3.2 Xcode development tools have been tested on Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6.