Irrlicht 3D Engine SDK 1.7 Available
Finally I can talk a bit about development. Graphics cards stories and furry benchmarks are cool but graphics development and 3D programming is cooler
A new version of Irrlicht is available.
Irrlicht is a C++, cross-platform, open source realtime 3D engine and offers three renderer: Direct3D (8 and 9), OpenGL (2 and 3) as well as a software renderer.
New features of version 1.7 are:
- Added Multiple Render Target (MRT) support
- Added support for geometry shaders (OpenGL)
- Added possibility to access texture mipmaps and to provide custom mipmaps
- Ogre .mesh format animations now supported, and Ogre 32bit indices as well
- NPK (Nebula device archive) support added
- New VertexManipulator interface for simple creation of vertex manipulation algorithms
- Added Separate TextureWrap modes for U and V coordinates and the option to mirror wrap
- Added Bzip2 and LZMA support and AES encryption
- Added options to 2D drawing like thickness, anti-aliasing and filtering.
- VBO Support for skydomes and similar
- Support for external windows in Mac OS X
- Lots of other improvements and bug fixes
You can download the SDK and demos HERE.
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]