Geeks3D – 2009 Retrospective
During 2009, 485 posts have been published on Geeks3D (and more than 600 posts in the news forum). Here are the important facts covered in 2009:
- GeForce GTX 295 released (January 2009)
- GeForce GTX 285 released (January 2009)
- GeForce GTS 250 released (9800GTX rebranded – March 2009)
- Radeon X1900 and all DX9 GPU no longer supported from Catalyst 9.4 (March 2009)
- ATI Radeon HD 4890 released (April 2009)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 released (April 2009)
- ATI Radeon HD 4770 released (April 2009)
- FurMark 1.7.0 and FluidMark 1.1.x (July 2009)
- OpenGL 3: specifications released (August 2009)
- NVIDIA adds OpenGL 3.2 support in Forceware 190.xx (August 2009)
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 released (September 2009)
- ATI Radeon HD 5000 series have hardware protection against power virus like FurMark (September 2009)
- Hardware PhysX Acceleration is Disabled (GeForce or Ageia) when ATI GPU is Present (September 2009)
- ATI Radeon HD 5850 released (October 2009)
- NVIDIA Fermi first details (October 2009)
- GeeXLab first public release (October 2009)
- ATI Radeon HD 5970: release and overclocking problems with FurMark (November 2009)
- NVIDIA GeForce 310 (GeForce 210 rebranded – November 2009)
- GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.x with OpenCL support (December 2009)
- ATI Stream SDK v2.0 with OpenCL support (December 2009)
- AMD adds OpenGL 3.2 support in Catalyst 9.12 (december 2009)
And this funny slogan found in a comment:
NVIDIA, the way it meant to be rebranded.
- Catalyst 9.1 and the stupid glGetString(GL_VERSION) bug with OpenGL 3
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285: A Super GTX 280 and the Fastest Single GPU Videocard!
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Reviews – The New Pixel-Killer Has Been Unleashed!
- [Tutorial] How To Load and Display an Image with DevIL and OpenGL
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Graphics Card
- ATI Catalyst 9.4 Will not Support Old Video Cards Like Radeon X1900
- GPU RayCaster Demo Using NVIDIA CUDA
- CausticOne + CausticGL = Real Time Ray Tracing
- ATI Radeon HD 4890
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
- Metatunnel: An OpenGL 1k Demo With Source Code
- The Ultimate Gaming Hardware: 23 GeForce 295 GTX Into A Single System!
- The Ultimate Gadget for 3D Geeks: NVIDIA G98 Based Keychain!
- GPU Caps Viewer 1.7.0 Available With CUDA Support
- ATI vs NVIDIA: Innovation vs Rebranding
- Real Time Ray Tracing at 5 FPS with CausticRT Raytracing System
- [TEST] Google O3D API: First Test and Impressions
- ATI Radeon HD 4770
- GPUTool 0.0.0: A New Utility With Two Furry Donuts
- Programmer Comics
- MARS 295: Dual GeForce GTX 285 With 4GB of Graphics Memory
- 3D Visualization of Bubble and Quick Sort
- 3D Texture In Real Life?
- Geeks3D Test: USB 3G Key
- Quick Test: VirtualBox 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
- Hey Fellow Geek, Why You Should Adopt Blender
- Michael Jackson Death Downed Twitter
- FurMark 1.7.0: The Bad Boy of Graphics Cards Utilities is Back!
- CPU-Z Wants To Kill GPU-Z Supremacy By Adding Graphics Card Information?
- [Tutorial] GeForce GTS 250 Overclocking
- Coder Girl: An Ode to Female Programmers
- 10 Most Popular Graphics Cards July 2009
- PhysX FluidMark 1.1.1
- [HowTo] Perspective Projection Matrix in OpenGL
- OpenGL 3.2 and GLSL 1.50 Expected Shortly!
- OpenGL 3.2 Officially Released!
- [Test] NVIDIA Display Drivers 190.56 with OpenGL 3.2 Support And New OpenGL Extensions
- OpenCL Physics Simulation Across 6 AMD Opteron (24 Cores)
- Powder Toy Physics Simulation Game
- Demoscene: Assembly 2009 Results and Releases
- NVIDIA OptiX Demos Available for Windows
- FurMark Used In GIGABYTE GPU Gauntlet Sorting Process
- FurMark Slowdown by Catalyst Graphics Drivers is INtentional!
- ATI Radeon HD 5870: The New Reference for OpenGL High-Performance Graphics?
- [Tutorial] Discovering Blender Part 3: Applying UV Mapping
- ATI Cypress (Radeon HD 5870) Cards Have Hardware Protection Against Power Virus Like FurMark and OCCT
- Hardware PhysX Acceleration is Disabled (GeForce or Ageia) when ATI GPU is Present
- NVIDIA GT300 Has 512 Cores and Supports C++
- ATI Radeon HD 5850: Cypress Family is Widening
- NVIDIA Fermi: the Nuclear GPU for Scientific Applications
- A Patch to Re-Enable Hardware PhysX When ATI Card is Present
- GeeXLab: Laboratory for Real Time 3D Learning and Experiments
- NVIDIA Releases The GPU Computing SDK With OpenCL Support and Demos
- [Shader Library] Night Vision Post Processing Filter (GLSL)
- Radeon HD 5770
- Radeon HD 5770 Has No Double Precision Floating Point Support
- S3 Graphics 5400E GPU with OpenGL 3.1 and OpenCL Support
- [GeeXLab] Shadow Mapping and Large Depth Map on Radeon HD 5770
- NVIDIA OptiX SDK Available for Windows and Linux
- Overclocking a Radeon HD 5850
- Exploration of the Real 3D Mandelbrot Fractal
- ATI Radeon HD 5970: Hemlock is the King!
- Radeon HD 5970 Overclocking Problems with FurMark
- NVIDIA GeForce 310: A GeForce 210 Renamed or An Error ???
- How To Know If a PhysX Application Uses PhysX GPU
- NVIDIA GF100 Fermi SLI Pictured
- GeForce GTX 275 VRM Damaged by FurMark
- How to Visualize the Depth Buffer in GLSL
- GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.0 With OpenCL API Support and DEMOS
- ATI Stream SDK v2.0 with OpenCL 1.0 Available
- ATI Catalyst 9.12: OpenGL and OpenCL Details