GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.0 With OpenCL API Support and DEMOS
This update of GPU Caps Viewer has taken more time than I thought due to the support of OpenCL. Yes OpenCL is now available and GPU Caps is available with a new OpenCL panel as well as new OpenCL demos!
GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.2 is available HERE. This version fixes the startup infinite wait state that occurs with some systems.
The new GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.1 is available HERE. This version 1.8.1 works with ATI Stream SDK v2.0.0.
Both NVIDIA and AMD provide a support of OpenCL. NVIDIA has a GPU implementation of OpenCL and AMD offers a CPU and GPU implementations of OpenCL.
Update (2009.12.21): How to enable OpenCL
How to enable OpenCL on NVIDIA and AMD platforms.
Here are the screenshots of OpenCL support on an AMD platform:
AMD: OpenCL CPU
AMD: OpenCL GPU
Here is the screenshots of OpenCL support on a NVIDIA platform:
NVIDIA: OpenCL GPU
In a next post I’ll explain you how to properly enable OpenCL support so you’ll be able to see the OpenCL demos in real time:
Here are the OpenCL demos:
OpenCL GPU demo – Surface deformer
OpenCL GPU demo – PostFX (from NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK)
OpenCL GPU demo – 1,000,000 Particles (source: OpenCL demo with 1,000,000 particles)
OpenCL GPU demo – Ray Traced Quaternion Julia Set (from Apple OpenCL SDK)
I did some performance tests with several video cards (Radeon HD 5870, HD 5770, GeForce GTS 250, GeForce GTX 295). And results are very interesting. Stay tuned I’ll publish them very very shortly in another post 😉
PC INpact has just released an OpenCL test based on GPU Caps. French readers, you’ll find this test HERE.
I also added the display of GPU temperature for multiple GPUs. So if you have two or four GPUs, you can read their respective temperature at the bottom of the first panel. This functionality is useful to quickly see if SLI or Crossfire is properly enabled. For example, with a GeForce GTX 295, I launched the Furry Cube demo and the temperature of both GPUs instantly went up:
Stress mode: both GPUs are working
GPU Caps Viewer uses ZoomGPU for retrieve graphics card data. So if you need such a functionality, think to ZoomGPU SDK.
GPU Caps Viewer also exists in PRO version with benchmarking facilities.
- New: added four OpenCL GPU / CPU demos. These demos use an OpenGL 3.1 or 3.2 code path.
- New: added two OpenGL 3 demos.
- New: added OpenCL panel for OpenCL capable devices.
- New: for Radeon, display of core and memory frequencies (idle / UVD / 3D).
- New: added GPU Computing checkboxes.
- New: reorganization of the first panel to display essential information.
- Change: reorganization of the first panel to display essential information.
- Change: updated OpenGL extensions database links.
- Change: updated GPU database with latest GeForce, Radeon and Intel.
- Change: Mb in MB…
- Removed Show PhysX Properties button
- Bugfix: Bugfix: OpenGL version in xml report fixed.
- Bugfix: wrong system memory size for system with more than 2GB