ATI Catalyst 9.12 WHQL With OpenGL 3.2 Support
AMD has released the Xmas version of Catalyst display drivers with a nice gift for OpenGL developers…
- Adding DirectCompute 10.1 support for HD 4000 series (so far reserved to HD 5000): this release of ATI Catalyst provides full support for DirectCompute 10.1 for the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 4700 Series for both single card and ATI CrossFireX supported configurations.
- OpenGL 3.2 extension support: yeah! We’ll see more in detail very shortly my friends 😉 From the release notes: this release of ATI Catalyst provides support for OpenGL 3.2 extension support on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series. The following is a list of OpenGL 3.2 features and extensions added in ATI Catalyst 9.12:
- Support for OpenGL Shading Language 1.50
- BGRA vertex component ordering (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra)
- Drawing commands allowing modification of the base vertex index (GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex)
- Shader fragment coordinate convention control (GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions)
- Provoking vertex control (GL_ARB_provoking_vertex)
- Seamless cube map filtering (GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map)
- Multisampled textures and texture samplers for specific sample locations (GL_ARB_texture_multisample)
- Fragment depth clamping (GL_ARB_depth_clamp)
- Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4)
- Fence sync objects (GL_ARB_sync)
This set of Catalyst 9.12 supports the following products: Radeon HD 5000 series, HD 4000 series, HD 3000 series and HD 2000 series.