Overclocking a Radeon HD 5850
Icrontic has published a tutorial about averclocking a Radeon HD 5850. They use several tools to achieve the overclocking:
- AMD GPU Clock Tool: the AMD-approved overclocking utility which bypasses BIOS limitations.
- MSI Afterburner: for controlling the card’s fan speed. MSI Afterburner is based on Rivatuner.
- FurMark: Stress-testing application for your overclock.
- Unigine Heaven: Direct3D 11 benchmarking tool.
Here’s the result of their overclocking:
- HD 5850 (Stock) = 725MHz Core / 1000MHz RAM
- HD 5850 (OC) = 800MHz Core / 1175MHz RAM
- HD 5850 (OC+1.15V) = 875MHz Core / 1175MHz RAM
- HD 5850 (OC+1.225V) = 925MHz Core / 1175MHz RAM
In benchmark results, the increase of performance is around 10%.
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]