All results of Assembly 2009 are HERE and prods downloads HERE.
Here are the first places in demo, graphics, 4k, 64k and Gamedev compos:
- DEMO compo – Rank #1: Frameranger by CNCD, Fairlight and Orange: this 60MB-demo is a Direct3D 9 prod. This is just an amazing prod, I’m still impressed in front of such demos.
- GRAPHICS compo – Rank #1: Profit motive has no conscience by maxon / HBC: this nice gfx has been made with Blender and Photoshop (you can even find the blend file of the excavator in th release!).
- 4K INTRO compo – Rank #1: Muon Baryon by Youth Uprising, Ümlaüt Design and Outracks: a decent graphics card with PS4.0 support (NVIDIA GF8800 or equivalent/better) is recommended. I couldn’t manage to run it on my rig but from this screenshot it seems to be a cool prod:
- 64K INTRO compo – Rank #1: Transform by Ate Bit: this is a Direct3D 9 intro with nice odl skool effects.
- Gamedev compo – Rank #1: Counterbalance by Bombsquad: this is an OpenGL game. Counterbalance is simple game of adding and subtracting mass on the rotating playing field to keep it in the balance – or off-balance, whichever it takes to keep the red balls on screen and white one out.