VirtualBox 3.0 BETA 2 is available. This new beta version brings the following changes:
* High CPU usage with certain idle Windows guests (e.g. XP SP2)
* Performance improvements for SMP guests
* Reset issues with SMP guests
* Windows 7 x64 boot problems with SMP
* Windows 7 shutdown hangs with SMP
* Hanging VM when unmounting an ISO with SMP guests
* Several OpenGL and Direct3D related fixes
You can download the beta 2 of VirtualBox 3.0 HERE.
In my previuos tests with VirtualBox 3.0 beta 1, I tried to install a WinXP SP2 guest on my WinXP SP2 host. This was rather laborious due to the 100% host’s CPU usage during the install and even after… This beta 2 fixes this bug!
And do not forget to read: Quick Test: VirtualBox 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0.