OpenGL ES Fight: iPhone 3G S vs iPphone 3G
This video shows the speed difference between the iPhone 3G (on the left) and the iPhone 3G S (on the right). The OpenGL ES demo uses the same code base on both iPhone.
The iPhone 3G S runs about more than twice as fast as the iPhone 3G in the demo!
The graphics part of the new iPhone 3G S is powered by a PowerVR SSGX 520, the GPU for mobile devices made by Imagination Technologies. The PowerVR SSGX 520 supports OpenGL ES 2.0 and Direct3D 9/10. The GPU of the iPhone 3G, the PowerVR MBX, supports only OpenGL 1.1 ES…
- Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Smartphone
- Sony PSP2 GPU will be the PowerVR SGX55x
- OpenGL and Mobile Devices: Round 2
- The iPhone Becomes a Gaming Platform: Enter the PowerVR SGX
- iPhone 3G S supports OpenGL ES 2.0, but 3G only supports 1.1 — will the App Store splinter?
- Intel will have a battle if it bids to buy Imagination Technologies
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]