AMD/ATI GPU Tools Updates: Xmas Gifts for Graphics Developers!
AMD/ATI provide several tools and libraries for graphics developers to analyze your GPU applications, optimize performance, compress and optimize meshes and textures. AMD/ATI has just updated some of them including:
- Library: ATI_Compress – ATI_Compress is ATI’s library for texture compression.
- Tool: TheCompressonator – A tool for compressing textures and creating mip-map levels.
- Library: GPU MeshMapper – GPU MeshMapper re-invents the process of generating maps (including normal, displacement, and ambient occlusion maps) for a low-resolution mesh based on the details from a high-resolution mesh.
- Tool: OpenGL ES 2.0 Emulator – AMD’s OpenGL ES 2.0 Emulator is designed to emulate functionality that will be exposed by future mobile AMD hardware.
- Tool: RenderMonkey – RenderMonkey is a rich shader development environment for both programmers and artists which facilitates the collaborative creation of real-time shader effects.
- Library: AMD Tootle – Tootle (Triangle Order Optimization Tool) is a mesh optimization library that improves on existing mesh preprocessing techniques.
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]