GPU Caps Viewer 1.5.0
GPU Caps Viewer has been updated with new demo (OpenGL HW geometry instancing – shader model 4.0 required), detection of GeForce GTX 280/260 and Radeon HD 4850/4870/4870X2. Detection of PhysX driver has been added as well as support for S3 Chrome 400 series (430 GT and 440 GTX).
GPU Caps Viewer is an OpenGL graphics card utility for Windows XP and Vista (32/64-bit). This utility is useful for all 3D enthusiasts and graphics developers and is a must-to-have in you graphics-geek-toolbox. GPU Caps Viewer offers the following features:
- quickly overview of the features of your graphics card and GPU
- OpenGL capabilities as well as the complete extensions list
- GPU temperature (GeForce abd Radeon)
- GPU burner (based on the FurMark engine)
- tech-demos to validate graphics drivers (vertex displacement mapping, hardware geometry instancing, soft shadows, point sprite particles, HDR)
- online validation facility
- complete report in xml format
GPU Caps Viewer 1.5.0 ChangleLog:
- New: added new demo: HW Geometry Instancing. Works with GeForce 8 (and higher), S3 Graphics Chrome 400 series (430 GT, 440 GTX). This demo requires the support of Shader Model 4.0
- New : added command line parameters to set the default size of demos’s window. Example: c:\>gpucapsviewer /width=1920 /height=1200
- Change: improved HDR demo with radial blur.
- Change: density of mesh plane (500k triangles) in the Vertex Texture Fetching demo. This demo works fine with NVIDIA GeForce 6+, S3 Graphics Chrome 400 (430 GT and 440 GTX) and should work one day with Radeon 2k/3k (bug in Catalyst?).
- Bugfix: render target init for ATI and S3 Graphics (HDR demo).
- New: added a simple splashscreen to give some startup information.
- New: added NVIDIA PhysX driver detection.
- Bugfix: msaa was set to 2X at initialization and this value prevents a correct init of S3 Graphics Chrome 430 GT.
- Bugfix: small bug in the detection of GPU Caps Viewer version.
- Bugfix: in opengl extensions list box, driver information was not correct.
- Bugfix: small bug in drivers detection (XP and Vista).
- Bugfix: small bug in GPU Caps Viewer installer (new version tries to install into old folder).
- Change: added ForceWare 177.66 and Catalyst 8.7 to database.
- Change: added detection of GeForce GTX 260/280 and Radeon 4850/4870/4870 X2.
- Change: version 1.5.0
- Known issue: under Vista the temperature for GeForce based graphics cards is not displayed.
Thanks to NVIDIA and S3 Graphics for their hardware support. Thanks to Dr Spankenstein (techPowerUp! Forums), Stefan (oZone3D.Net Forums) and Steph3D for their betatests.
GPU Caps Viewer is virus-free: VirusTotal Certification
An explantion about graphics card validation can be found HERE
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]