- Video card stability test?
- Best card for 1920×1200 gaming?
- MSI Radeon HD 4850 Video Card R4850-512M
- Giz Explains: Why Does the MacBook Pro Have Two Graphics Cards?
- Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo VGA Cooler Review
- ATI HD 4350 vs NVIDIA 9400 GT
- Sapphire HD 4870 TOXIC Edition Review
- Python 3.0 makes a big break
- Debugging Memory Corruption in Game Development
- OpenGL Video Tutorial
- irrKlang audio library 1.1.2
- A Hobbyist Game Engine Post Mortem
- managed textures
- Do Software Versions Really Matter?
- Graphics processing units to general processing units
- Reality To Go: 3-D Virtual Reality On Mobile Devices
- Google’s Chrome Declining In Popularity
See you next week with the release of GPU Caps Viewer 1.6.0… 😉
This list gathers rendering, physics and game engines:
- Delta3D: game engine
- NeoEngine: game engine
- Irrlicht: 3D rendering engine
- OGRE: 3D rendering engine
- Speex: patent-free audio compression format designed for speech
- Bullet: physics engine
- Power Render: 3D rendering engine
- Crystal Space: 3D rendering engine
- Genesis3D: 3D rendering engine
Do we approach the perfect card? Maybe with this Radeon HD 4870 featuring the Arctic-Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo cooler:
» Read more
One day after the official release of Catalyst 8.10, the next version, is already here in version RC1 (Release Candidate 1). You can download Catalyst 8.11 here:
» Read more
This new version has received the WHQL certification from the Microsoft team and adds support for GeForce 9-Series mGPUs: 9400 and 9300. This driver supports all GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
A graphics and physics demo that shows Blender Game engine (available in Blender 2.48) in action:
– Blender 2.48 Released!
This cool gadget allows to connect both 2.5″ and 3.5″ HDD SATA hard drives to the PC via an USB connection. This hdd dock is available here: 2.5″ and 3.5″ SATA HDD Dock with Cooling Fan .
Just jump there to grab the vitamin for your brand-new radeon based graphics card: Catalyst 8.10 @ AMD.
It was time…
Other news about Catalyst 8.10: Catalyst 8.10 @ Geeks3D
See you tomorrow for a little bit more news than today…
CUDA makes it possible to program the GPU with the language C. This article will show you the steps to code a matrix multiplication routine in CUDA:
- allocate memory on the GPU with cudaMalloc or cudaMallocPitch (for aligned memory allocation)
- move data to the GPU with cudaMemcpy2D
- select the kernel domain, write the kernel and run it
- move results back from the GPU to the host with cudaMemcpy2D
- free resources with cudaFree
This Radeon HD 4650 (GPU RV730) features a Zalman VNF100 passive cooler and its price is around 80 euros.
The third MAIN demoparty will be held in Marseille, France, from october 16th to 19th, Espace Julien Theater, in the center of the hot city.
MAIN demoparty webiste: www.mainparty.net.
The invit is available here: MAIN 08 Invitation Intro.
I you need a powerful graphics card to play 3D games and in the same time a video card that can be used in a HTPC (Home Theater PC), Palit has perhaps the right product with this GeForce 9800 GT 1Gb. This graphics card is equiped with an exceptionally quiet dual slot active
cooler and is available for about $170.
GeForce 9800 GT specifications:
– GPU: G92b (65nm) / 600MHz / 754-million transistors
– Memory: 1Gb GDDR3 / 256-bit / 1.8GHz effective
– Shader Processors: 112
– Textures Units: 32
– ROPs: 16
– DirectX 10 / OpenGL 2.1 / PhysX
With graphics cards such the GeForce GTX 280 and parallel brute force based algorithms coded in CUDA (GPGPU techniques), WiFi’s WPA (RC4 based) and WPA2 (AES based) encryption systems are now crackable and the time to crack them compared to CPU based algorithms is reduced by a factor of 100 (or 10,000 %).